We are privileged to offer two lucky female Spartans the opportunity to participate in a Homestay for the Teganuma Eco – HALF Marathon event to be held on 30 October 2016.
The following criteria apply:
1. must be FEMALE – for cultural sensitivity reasons. Without wishing to appear indelicate, the Homestay family has indicated a preference for two ladies.
2. currently a financial member of the Spartan Club
3. be able to run a half marathon in close to 2 hours (or less)
4. be available for visible presence and media interviews
5. have no dietary restrictions
6. willing to participate in culturally aligned practices such as spas, dietary occasions and national days
7. be available for 8-10 days either side of the event date of Sunday 30 October (these dates tbc)
8. willing to either write a brief summary of this cultural exchange experience for the Spartans Newsletter and/or post a few photos and words of the occasion on the Spartans website. Also a brief 5 minute presentation at the following Spartans’ Annual General Meeting would also be most welcomed.
9. *Submit your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6 May 2016
There are no age restrictions.
The Spartan Committee will review all entrants and vote on their preferred applicant/s.
The Committee’s recommendation together with all entrants’ details will be presented to the host family who will make the final decision. Following this process, the lucky winners will be notified.
Prize includes: 2 return airline tickets, transfers and homestay accommodation, event entries.
We are asking for expressions of interest and availability for this marvellous opportunity and we will be putting entrants through relevant selection criteria.
*If this sounds like something you would love to experience in 2016, just email us with a very brief biography and reasons for wishing to be considered. Although the prize is for two, don’t be deterred from entering as an individual.
Melbourne Marathon Spartans Club